Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shows that don’t age well...

2 posters

Go down

Shows that don’t age well... Empty Shows that don’t age well...

Post by Admin Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:45 pm

Anyone else have a favorite or beloved show from years ago that simply hasn’t withstood the test of time? I have several but one is Stargate SG-1.

If you don’t know, it’s a show based on a movie of roughly the same name, in which we find a huge round ring (the aforementioned Stargate) that enables us to travel almost instantly to any number of distant worlds. Of course we piss people off and upset the balance of the multiverse as you’d expect. Some of the story lines were a little weak a decade ago but NOW they’re ridiculous. Could that be because as a viewer I’ve seen so many other, more gritty, story lines? Or was the show simply bad from the outset and l was too unwitting to see it? All I know is trying to binge watch it is growing painful. 

In for a penny, in for a pound I suppose. 

Anyone else experience this?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://prattle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Shows that don’t age well... Empty Re: Shows that don’t age well...

Post by Freda Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:35 pm

Some of my favourites growing up from the 70's and 80 haven't aged well.  Probably ones you haven't heard of in the States.  I loved a show call Blake 7  A British science fiction television programme that was produced by the BBC, series. the  budget was severely restricted, which limited the scope for visual effects.
Blake's 7 - Wikipedia  

Another one that comes to mind is The Incredible Hulk.  I watched a couple of repeats with my son a few years ago and it was cheese! I guess the same goes for my other favourite CHiPs! Late 70's , early eighties.  They had me glued to the TV at the time!
Freda
Freda
Founding Member
Founding Member

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:19 pm

Yep, we tried similar shows like Charlies Angels and the original Wonder Woman to name a few and MAN they were awful!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://prattle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum