Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Say NO to sugar!!

2 posters

:: Food

Go down

Say NO to sugar!! Empty Say NO to sugar!!

Post by Admin Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:07 pm

So two years ago I had a triple bypass with some post I'm complications that rendered me couch ridden for eighteen months. I grew HUUUUGE! Topped the scales at 311 pounds and over 45% body fat. Not good! When I was finally able to get back to life I found even simple movements quite challenging. I had to drop weight and do it fast.

I watched a movie called 'Fat Fiction' that changed my view on foods dramatically. There short version: I cut out any food possessing ADDED SUGAR and limited those with naturally occurring sugar. I dropped nearly thirty pounds and with exercise dipped below 30% body fat. Most importantly I lost several inches around my waist! Just from that simple dietary change!

I've reintroduced a little more sugar into my diet now I'm the form of bread (it's amazing what foods have added sugar!) and the weight is staying off! If anyone is interested in learning more I'll gladly create a more detailed post!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://prattle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Say NO to sugar!! Empty Re: Say NO to sugar!!

Post by Freda Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:23 am

Fair play to you Mikey!  You have been through the mill! You have done amazingly with your health and took control!

I have cut out sugar too, I am only half a week into my new eating and I was craving sweet treats last night.  Stuffed my face with fruit, better than nothing! I have cut out carbs ( especially bread) and processed foods.  I am eating lean protein, fruit and veg.  i know that there is sugar in fruit, but I eat them fresh and whole, skin and all. I hope it gets easier!  I used to be 322 pounds, I have maintained my loss of 91 pounds down.  So I am now 231pounds.  I want to lose another 84 pounds.  i know HOW to lose weight, as I have done it before, it is putting it into practice!  It is time to put my hands back on the wheel and get my ass into gear before I continue to do more damage to my joint's , also to get off my diabetic medication.  I have decided that I want to enjoy the rest of my life and not just grow old before my time.  I will work on my fitness as I get a bit lighter. 

I look forward to watching your progress and I hope that I can follow in your foot steps!

Say NO to sugar!! 1666302914 Say NO to sugar!! 581146464
Freda
Freda
Founding Member
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

:: Food

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum